SPONSORSHIP FUNDING REQUEST
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion understands the value of supporting on-campus events and activities that advance diversity and inclusion at The University of Maryland.
Sponsorship requests for all units within the Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI) will be managed through this process. ODI units include: Bias Incident Support Services, Diversity Training & Education, LGBT Equity Center, Office of Multi-ethnic Student Education and Nyumburu Cultural Center. Please use the sponsorship submission link below to request funding and/or the use of ODI’s logo as a co-sponsor.
SPONSORSHIP GENERAL GUIDELINES
- UMD sponsorship requests must align with the Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI) mission (below) or must foster dialogue and collaboration around equity, diversity, and inclusion to promote the university’s core values.
- Mission statement: The Office of Diversity & Inclusion provides expertise and leadership at the University of Maryland to enrich the experiences of individuals, to build stronger communities, and to create a more just and compassionate world.
- Requestors must submit sponsorship requests thirty (30) working days or more before the event/program. Requests are accepted at any time during the calendar year.
- All requestors must collaborate with a staff member from ODI. Please contact your ODI collaborator before naming them on the submission form.
- Availability of sponsorship funding is limited. To ensure an all campus reach of the sponsorship funds, funding may not be approved at the total requested amount.
- Funding is provided as a one-time transfer of funds in the current fiscal year. Subsequent funding requires a new request.
- While requestors who desire funding support must submit an itemized budget for their event/program, ODI’s co-sponsorship funding is to be understood as applying to the event overall, rather than supporting one specific line item.
- Requests for the following events/programs will not be funded: professional development opportunities, course buyout, conference registration and travel for an individual, and event/program considered to be primarily social in nature.
- All funds are disbursed by transfer to a valid campus KFS account. Funds will not be transferred to a non-university account.
If sponsorship is approved
- Requestor’s marketing materials must list the Office of Diversity & Inclusion and/or one or more of ODI’s units as a sponsor in all advertising, printed programs, and other related communications. By request, logos may be provided for use in advertisement and printed materials.
- Requestor should provide event/program information at least two (2) weeks before event/program so that ODI may promote through its communication channels.
- Requestor must provide a brief summary of the outcome of the event/program (and photos, as available) within two (2) weeks after its conclusion.
- It will not be expected that ODI will make any event/program arrangements on behalf of the requestor.
- Failure to comply with any of the above will impact consideration of future requests.
- Should the event/program be canceled, sponsorship funding must be returned.
Checklist of information needed to complete the request form
- Full name of requestor
- Email of requestor
- Title of requestor
- Unit or organization
- Briefly describe the mission of your unit or organization
- ODI collaborator
- Event/program name
- Date, time, and location of event/program (actual or proposed)
- Briefly describe the event/program
- Explain how this event/program promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion either on or off campus
- Explain how this effort fosters dialogue around equity, diversity, and inclusiveness
- Intended primary audience for this event/program, including size and demographics
- Marketing strategy for reaching the intended primary audience
- If requesting funding:
- Total budgeted cost for the event/program
- Please provide an itemized budget for all costs associated with the event/program
- Amount of support requested from the Office of Diversity & Inclusion
- Has the Office of Diversity & Inclusion sponsored this event/program in the past?
- Please provide a list of all UMD sponsors providing funding and/or logo use for this event/program
- Please provide a list of prospective UMD sponsors that denied funding this event/program and why (if applicable)
- KFS account to credit, if approved