Funding and Co-Sponsorship
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s mission is to provides expertise and leadership at the University of Maryland to enrich the experience of individuals, to build stronger communities, and to create a more just and compassionate world.
Donors Sponsorship Funding Request
Ways to Give
To learn more about ways to give, please contact Andre Nottingham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-314-1485.
Use below link to our simple and secure online form to make a credit card gift to any of the below funds. Your contribution can quickly go to work to support the programs you care about.
Office of Diversity & Inclusion
Office of Diversity & Inclusion FundDonate Now Online
LGBT Equity Center:
LGBT Equity Office Operating Fund
With the generosity of alums, friends, and others, the LGBT Equity Center provides programming for LGBTQ+ students with the following objectives.
- Positive Identity Development
- Sense of Belonging and Community
- Social Justice Leadership Development
- Flourishing in Health and Wellness
Examples of our programming include Quelcome: LGBTQ+ Welcome Fest, Queer Camp, Lavender Leadership Honor Society, and Lavender Graduation. Your generosity makes these programs possible.Donate Now Online
The LGBT Equity Scholarship Fund
Provides annual awards to University of Maryland students who work to promote civil rights and to prevent discrimination toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.Donate Now Online
Nyumburu Cultural Center:
Nyumburu Culture Center Gift FundDonate Now Online
Sponsorship Funding Request
Office of Diversity & Inclusion
Office of Diversity & Inclusion understands the value of supporting on-campus events and activities that advance diversity and inclusion at The University of Maryland.
General Sponsorship Guidelines
Sponsorship proposals are evaluated against the following criteria:
Sponsorship requests must align with ODI's mission (below) or the University's core value of Diversity and Inclusiveness that foster dialogue and collaboration with constituents around equity, diversity, and inclusion
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion provides expertise and leadership at the University of Maryland to enrich the experiences of individuals, to build stronger communities, and to create a more just and compassionate world.
- An approved sponsorship within a fiscal year does not guarantee sponsorship in the next fiscal year.
- Availability of sponsorship funding is limited. In order to provide access of sponsorship to every college and division, funding is capped at $10,000 for each college and division each Fiscal year.
- ODI provides funding as a one-time transfer of funds. Subsequent funding requires a new request.
- All funds are disbursed by transfer to a valid campus KFS account. ODI will not transfers funds to a non-University account.
- ODI accepts requests at any time during the fiscal year.
If sponsorship is approved,
- ODI expects to be recognized for its sponsorship in all advertising, printed programs, and other related communications about the event.
- ODI requests that we are provided detailed information about the event/program well in advance so that we may promote it through our communication channels.
- ODI looks forward to hearing about the success of the program/event. Please provide us with a brief summary of the outcome of the program/event within two (2) weeks following the event.
- Lastly, should the event/program be canceled, ODI will request for the funds to be returned.