Sponsorship of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Efforts
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion accepts requests for financial support for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts from across the campus. We will accept requests at any time, but encourage submission early in the fiscal year. As funding is limited, mandatory information must be included in the application so that we may fairly and equitably consider each request.
Requests must be submitted via the web at ODI Sponsorship Request.
General guidelines for funding from the Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI)
- Sponsorship requests must align with ODI’s mission (below) or University's core value (Diversity and Inclusiveness) that fosters dialogue, education and collaboration with constituents around equity, diversity, inclusion.
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion provides expertise and leadership at the University of Maryland to enrich the experiences of individuals, to build stronger communities, and to create a more just and compassionate world.
- An approved sponsorship within a fiscal year does not guarantee sponsorship in the next fiscal year.
- Availability of sponsorship funding is limited. In order to provide access of sponsorship to every college and division, funding is capped at $10,000 for each college and division each Fiscal year.
- ODI provides funding as a one-time transfer of funds. Subsequent funding requires a new request.
- All funds are disbursed by transfer to a valid campus KFS account.
- ODI accepts requests at any time during the fiscal year.
- Contact Veronica Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-405-1328 regarding transfers and the status of sponsorship requests.
All requests must contain the following information:
- Full name of requestor
- Title of requestor
- Unit or organization to receive the funds
- Email of requestor
- Total amount requested
- If approved, KFS account to credit
- A brief description of your organization
- A brief description of the sponsorship event or opportunity
- Date and time the sponsorship event or opportunity will be held
- Please explain how this sponsorship event or opportunity aligns with fostering dialogue with collaboration to educate around equity, diversity, and inclusiveness.
- Please explain how this sponsorship event or opportunity promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion with constituents among and/or not in our campus community.
- Total budgeted cost of the event or opportunity
- Please provide an itemized budget for this event or opportunity.
- Please provide a brief description of your marketing strategy including the following:
- Demographics and size of the anticipated audience/reach of the event or opportunity, and
- explanation on how you plan to reach your target audience.
- Has ODI supported this organization or event in the past? If so, when were funds previously provided by ODI, what was the amount, and what was the outcome?
Requests in excess of $3,000 must include the following additional information:
- Please provide a list of all UMD sponsors providing funding for this event or opportunity, and the percentage of the total cost provided by each.