Electronic and Information Technology
The University of Maryland is committed to providing equal access to websites, web-based content, and other electronic and information technology (EIT) for people with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and the University of Maryland Web Accessibility Policy.
If you need to request Web content in an alternative format or have comments or suggestions about accessibility, contact email@example.com.
IT Accessibility Services
Some areas of information on the IT Accessibility site include:
- ELMS-Canvas Course design
- Equidox: A PDF remediation software solution
- IT Accessibility consultation and training for web, document, multimedia accessibility
- Quiz Extensions: provide extra time on all ELMS timed quizzes
- Sensus Access: Converts documents into alternative format
- Siteimprove: Web Governance solution that enables users to quality check their UMD websites for accessibility compliance, errors and best practices
- UDOIT: enables faculty and graduate teaching assistants to identify accessibility issues in a Canvas course
- Video Captioning: Professional captioning for videos uploaded to Panopto